Fixing the Non-Updating FeedBurner Issue Once and For All

A month back, I ran into a continuous issue of FeedBurner refusing to update feeds for a couple of my blogs. No amount of pinging or feed resyncing would solve the problem, and endless Google searches proved futile. After finally stumbling across a fix, I think I have this issue solved.

So, if you’re having issues with FeedBurner not updating, I recommend these actions:

  1. Use the FeedBurner FeedSmith plugin (you have to download it from Google).
  2. Remove any 301 redirects you may have setup in your .htaccess file for the feed.
  3. If you have a caching plugin installed, make sure it’s not caching the feed or the feed path (/feed/).
  4. Once done, go into FeedBurner and ping and then resync it.

This has worked for me in every case — hope it works for you, too!

Oh yeah — just a little reminder — if you haven’t seen the previous updates from this blog, I’ve moved all of my project management related postings to a new blog at The Project Web (www.theprojectweb.com) — please check it out and make sure you update your RSS subscription.

See more posts