Potomac Local is a local news and events website created specifically for the needs of residents in Northern Virginia’s Potomac Communities. Launched in 2010, Potomac Local is the only independently owned and operated source of local news in Dumfries, Stafford, and Woodbridge.
The brainchild of a local journalist, Potomac Local needed a site that could handle a massive amount of news postings and updates. I designed a content-focused theme and deployed an optimized WordPress to address these needs. In 2012, a Manassas Local spin-off site was planned. When news hit about the local newspaper operation shuttering its doors by year-end — and thus providing a prime opportunity for Manassas Local — I worked with Potomac Local to launch Manassas Local in just under one week.
- Led and managed design and development process.
- Created design prototypes and wireframes.
- Coded all design work using HTML/CSS/jQuery.
- Implemented WordPress as the content management system.
- Continued to maintain and support the website and client relationship.
Chris is knowledgeable in his field, passionate about his craft, listens to the wants and needs of his clients, and always suggests the most practical and most effective solution for his clients.”
– Uriah K., Publisher, Potomac Local Media